Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] 8.01 EOD System Tester Question

Tom

This is not a big issue for me. I was really just noting where I thought
some small equity differences were coming from. I like to use "equal"
position sizes for testing so it looks like I'll need to create one or more
position size formulas to match my preferred position size to a required
number of shares.

I still have all sorts of problems just getting my basic stops actioned so
I'm going to throw some more questions at Joe once I can put together enough
helpful background information on my problems so as not to completely
overload him.

Thanks for your comments.

Roy

> Roy, the way I get around the "whole number of shares" issue is that I use
> starting equity number that is very large compared to the price of the
> security.  That way the amount that is not put into the trade is
> insignificant.   I typically use 10 milllion dollars as my starting
equity.
> (no I don't have $10M, but it doesn't matter as I'm looking for accurate %
> moves, not actual dollar gains).   The other issue that you can not solve
is
> if you are going short.   The 8.01 tester will not allow you to use all
your
> equity short.  The most you can use is about 99%.

This
> > goes in the BUY ORDER box
> > >
> > > Setup=1
> > > and
> > > Low <= Bearfear
> > >
> > > {obviously Setup and Bearfear are defined above although not shown
here}

> > > The limit button is checked and the same code to define all the
> variables
> > is copied to the box below.  However you need to replace the code shown
> > above with one that says if it is true where to buy it (at Bearfear),
else
> > at a limit of 100000 (which would never happen for the securities being
> > tested).
> > >
> > > if(Setup=1 and Low <= Bearfear, Bearfear,100000)
> > >

> > > These are just examples.  Once you get the hang of the format, you can
> > adapt them for your own use.
> > >
> > > Good Trading,
> > >
> > > Joe J.

What