[EquisMetaStock Group] Questions re: interpretation of System Tester and Expert Advisor

Hello!  I am new to the Metastock users group.  I sent the following
questions to equis.com support today.  Any extra help I could get
from the Group would be appreciated, of course.
Thanks, Mike!

Dear Equis.com Support:

I'm interested in the Power Pivots CCI system and have been running
system tests against the QQQs.

I have been comparing trade activity from the results orders screen
with the attached pp CCI expert output and can't seem to correlate
the two.  For example, a single expert advisor Short Entry will show
on the advisor attachment and on the orders screen there will be a
series of short sales and buy to covers.  I have attached Excel
spreadsheet system tester output for reference.

Question 1: I assume the System Tester parameters are not exactly
matched with the Expert Advisor parameters and this causes the
differing signals/indications.

I have reviewed the System Tester pp CCI system editor dialog where
buy orders, sell orders, sell short orders, buy to cover orders and
stops are configurable.  While trailing stops have been selected for
both longs and shorts, System Tester output shows only Long sales
(closing a long position) and Buy to Cover (closing a short
position) orders.   There are no stops shown below to protect longs
and stops above to protect shorts.  The configuration stops dialog
comes with a 1% trailing configuration, and this seems to explain
the quick close (Buy to Cover and Sell) of Short and Long positions,
but I would have thought these closures would not be from the Stops
configuration.

Question 2: Is my interpretation of the output, as described here,
correct?

Question 3: It would appear the pp CCI system uses overlapping Short
and Long positions.  If one purchases the Power Pivots plugin, are
the rules for opening and closing Long/Short positions described?

Question 4:  On the Expert Advisor chart, when using pp CCI, there
are Long/Short Entry/Exit signals as well as Buy/Sell signals.  I am
unsure how these are to be used together.  Is this documented in the
Power Pivots plugin product or elsewhere in Metastock?

Many thanks for your help.

==End==

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM