Re: [Metastockusers] System Test

James

> I think I want to do something that is not possible; at least I
> don't know how to approach it.
>
> What I want to do, is to run a system test on an index and apply
> results of the trading dates to another issue.
>
> Is this possible?

I can't speak for MS 8.0X but I don't believe this is possible with earlier
versions of the System Tester. There is an alternative, which is to use the
appropriate 'Trade Equity' indicator to generate the trade details (and
equity curve) for your index, then apply those details to any trading system
with the System Tester or with another copy of 'Trade Equity'.

A 'Trade Equity' indicator could also be used to provide the same sort of
information to the MS 8.0X System Tester.

There is a distinct learning curve to using 'Trade Equity', and the
appropriate group to access all the information you may need is..
Group membership is moderated but membership is only denied to obvious
hustlers. If you wish to proceed with such an approach then the above group
is the place to ask questions about how to use TE.

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM