Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Tim--Code for %price increments

Jack

What I was thinking of was something like this.

  {Trade 1% Move}
N:= Fml("PS Fractal Entry");{your entry signal/price}
X:= Fml("PS Fractal Exit"); {your independent exit signal}
I:=Cum(N+X>-1)=1; {}
Tr:=If(PREV<=0,N>0,If(X>0 {OR entry dependent exits},
  {end of trade} -1,{continue trade} 1));
Xb:=Tr<0; {trade exit bar}
Tr:=Abs(Tr)*ValueWhen(1,I OR (Alert(Tr=0,2) AND Tr),N);
  {trade entry price}
Pc:=Int(100*(C/If(Tr>0,Tr,C)));
{Tr;} {plot trade and entry price}
{Xb;} {plot exit bar}
{plot +1 for 1% increase, -1 for 1% decrease}
If(Tr>0,If(Pc>Ref(PC,-1),1,If(Pc<Ref(PC,-1),-1,0)),0);

This is constructed for long side only and gives a +1 spike 1% positive move
and a -1 spike for a negative move. The code could be adapted to work with
both long and short side but how you achieve that could depend very much on
your system. Another approach would be to duplicate the code for use on the
short side. The only changes if you did that would be in the 'Pc'
calculation I think. Of course the output line would need to be amended for
both long and short so that only favourable moves were signalled.

Roy