[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Tim--Code for %price increments

Thanks Tim,

The code you posted is one way of tracking the rise and fall of
prices by percent. What I'm trying to do is to write a statement for
my expert that will put a dot on my chart each time there's been a
cumulative price increase of 1% on the long side or a 1% decrease on
the short side.

I wrote a zig zag formula that would plot it in an indicator window
but I haven't been able to get it in to an expert version that will
put the dots on the chart. I'm close but not quit there.

If you have any ideas let me know.

Thanks
Jack

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timinwaedi" <timinwaedi@xxxx>
<j3ttt@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Has anyone seen any code for creating an expert or indicator that
> > will identify when a price moves up x% from the entry price and
> then
> > moves up x% again from the previous x% increase.
> >
> > Jack
>
> Hi Jack,
>
> Try this indicator:
> {Percentage Crossover w/Input}
> Percentage:=Input("Enter the percentage threshhold;",0.1,20,3.0);
> base:=(100-Percentage)/100;
> top:=(100+Percentage)/100;
> If((C*base)>PREV,C*base,If((C*top)<PREV,C*top,PREV))

> Regards,
>
> Tim

Buy No Snore & Get a Good Night's Sleep. Natural Oral Spray -- $24.95
(1 bottle, 1 month supply, with sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil & more).
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2881&lp=h515.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2oMABA/nuYGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM