[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to move MS settings to another computer?

Did you try selecting the indicator icon and select organizer to
export/import files?  This should take you thru the process regarding
indicators,experts and systems.

Dominick

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kamal Fernando" <kamalf@xxxx>
wrote:
> I need information on how best to move my MS data and user files to
> another computer (laptop). At the moment all my price data (both EOD and
> the converted MS binary files) are in the one root folder (though in
> separate sub-folders). My understanding is that I can move the MS binary
> data and point the new installation to that folder on the new computer.
> Is this right?
>
> Now, how about my templates, layouts, and custom experts? What if I just
> copy C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Charts across for the templates
> and layouts? What about the experts I've written: are they ALL in
> C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Experts?
>
> Reinstalling the plug-ins is not a problem, and moving all the above
> across is not a problem: it just bangs across on a network cable.
>
> Need to move across to a new computer for MS only because I need more
> grunt and less overhead on anti-virus etc.
>
> I've searched the web for some sort of routine/checklist for this task,
> but came up empty-handed. Any help from those who have done it would be
> appreciated.
>
> To save the backup police time: yes, everything is backed up.
>
> Thanks.

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges & refill kits at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5702
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YrYXfA/AyWGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM