[EquisMetaStock Group] How to move MS settings to another computer?

  • To: "Equismetastock Group" <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] How to move MS settings to another computer?
  • From: "Kamal Fernando" <kamalf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:50:14 -0700

I need information on how best to move my MS data and user files to
another computer (laptop). At the moment all my price data (both EOD and
the converted MS binary files) are in the one root folder (though in
separate sub-folders). My understanding is that I can move the MS binary
data and point the new installation to that folder on the new computer.
Is this right?

Now, how about my templates, layouts, and custom experts? What if I just
copy C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Charts across for the templates
and layouts? What about the experts I've written: are they ALL in
C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Experts?

Reinstalling the plug-ins is not a problem, and moving all the above
across is not a problem: it just bangs across on a network cable.

Need to move across to a new computer for MS only because I need more
grunt and less overhead on anti-virus etc.

I've searched the web for some sort of routine/checklist for this task,
but came up empty-handed. Any help from those who have done it would be
appreciated.

To save the backup police time: yes, everything is backed up.

Thanks.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM