[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Appending data to an array

ds....,

You can add "bogus" data to the end of your price chart by right
clicking on the price chart and editing the data. Before going to all
of that trouble though I would suggest you reconsider your plan.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dsss27" <dsss27@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have written an indicator that uses the ref() function to look
for
> a particular price pattern pattern using an odd number of bars.
> For example 9 bars to identify a price pattern.  In this case, the
> pattern is symmetrical and would be centered 4 bars in the past
> (centered 5 bars ago if you include the current day).  When I plot
> the indicator, it ends at 4 bars to the past (4 bars to the left),
> and I desire to have the indicator extent the same value 4 bars to
> the present.  I have tried lastvalue() but the when that plot is
> overlaid on the original indicator, I get a straight horizontal
line
> throughout the entire plot.
>
> I am wondering if appending data to the last 5 bars to match with
> the last calculated value of the indicator is possible. The last 5
> values of the indicator would change as the days progresses to the
> next. Is there such a function/capability in Metastock?
>
> Here is a template of what I am doing, for example looking if I was
> basing a 9 bar pattern looking at the close, here is what I defined:
>
> A1:=ref(C,+4); {No data when aligned to today's close}
> A2:=ref(C,+3); {No data when aligned to yesterday's close}
> A3:=ref(C,+2); {No data when aligned to day before yesterday}
> A4:=ref(C,+1); {No data when aligned to 2 days before yesterday)
> A5:=C;         {Center of the Price Pattern)
> A6:=ref(C,-1);
> A7:=ref(C,-2);
> A8:=ref(C,-3);
> A9:=ref(C,-5);
>

> If anyone is wondering why not center the pattern to today, ie:
>
> A1:=C; {Indicator is Centered here not at A5}
> A2:=ref(C,-1);
> A3:=ref(C,-2);
> A4:=ref(C,-3);
> A5:=ref(C,-4); {The Center of the Pattern}
> A6:=ref(C,-5);
> A7:=ref(C,-6);
> A8:=ref(C,-7);
> A9:=ref(C,-8);
>
> The indicator does not center properly to the center of the price
> pattern.  It is obviously a shift that I know I can correct in C++
> or in Matlab or Excel, but not sure how to do data/matrix
> manipulations of the data arrays to include appending in
Metastock.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM