[EquisMetaStock Group] Appending data to an array

Hello,

I have written an indicator that uses the ref() function to look for
a particular price pattern pattern using an odd number of bars.
For example 9 bars to identify a price pattern.  In this case, the
pattern is symmetrical and would be centered 4 bars in the past
(centered 5 bars ago if you include the current day).  When I plot
the indicator, it ends at 4 bars to the past (4 bars to the left),
and I desire to have the indicator extent the same value 4 bars to
the present.  I have tried lastvalue() but the when that plot is
overlaid on the original indicator, I get a straight horizontal line
throughout the entire plot.

I am wondering if appending data to the last 5 bars to match with
the last calculated value of the indicator is possible. The last 5
values of the indicator would change as the days progresses to the
next. Is there such a function/capability in Metastock?

Here is a template of what I am doing, for example looking if I was
basing a 9 bar pattern looking at the close, here is what I defined:

A1:=ref(C,+4); {No data when aligned to today's close}
A2:=ref(C,+3); {No data when aligned to yesterday's close}
A3:=ref(C,+2); {No data when aligned to day before yesterday}
A4:=ref(C,+1); {No data when aligned to 2 days before yesterday)
A5:=C;         {Center of the Price Pattern)
A6:=ref(C,-1);
A7:=ref(C,-2);
A8:=ref(C,-3);
A9:=ref(C,-5);

If anyone is wondering why not center the pattern to today, ie:

A1:=C; {Indicator is Centered here not at A5}
A2:=ref(C,-1);
A3:=ref(C,-2);
A4:=ref(C,-3);
A5:=ref(C,-4); {The Center of the Pattern}
A6:=ref(C,-5);
A7:=ref(C,-6);
A8:=ref(C,-7);
A9:=ref(C,-8);

The indicator does not center properly to the center of the price
pattern.  It is obviously a shift that I know I can correct in C++
or in Matlab or Excel, but not sure how to do data/matrix
manipulations of the data arrays to include appending in Metastock.
Any help would be appreciated.  Neither the reference book nor the
Formula Primer is not that good in more advance programming
techniques.

thanks in advance,
dsss27

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM