Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Hook reversal exploration, defining the trend.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> The Linear Regression Indicator in MS does in fact give the least
squares
> point of the end point while the Linear Regression Slope provides
the slope of
> that end point in positive or negative numbers.  I have always felt
that the LRI
> is poorly presented on the chart because when you plot it, it looks
like a
> series of curves when in fact a true linear regression line is a
straight line
> mathematically fit to a series of points on an X Y chart.  However,
a test of
> the close (if that is the data point you choose) will in fact
provide you with
> the information as to whether or not it is above or below a
straight-line
> slope using today's date as the end point, while the LRS gives you
the exact slope
> of that straight-line.  In my opinion you do in fact have an
indicator to
> test for the direction of the price movement and can vary the
length by your own
> definition of time periods.
>
> Jay
Hello, If you want to see the true linear regression line you must
plot the LinearRegression from the InsertMenu.
You can see  that the last point matches the LRI - with the same
period-.
Andre

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM