  >From:
  <A title=no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">hcour
  To: <A
  title=equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 2:38
PM
  Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  Newbies
  Doug,Open Explorer, New. Name your exploration. In
  Filter enter:C > Mov(C,30,S) AND Mov(V,50,S) > 1000This
  looks for closes above the 30d sma w/avg 50d volume greater than
  100K.Harold--- In <A
  href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  DMC197807 <dmc197807@x...>
  wrote:> Dusant et al:> > Actually the few newbie
  questions that may seem too basic present a wonderful chance for somebody
  to practice a "random act of kindness" and elucidate the many (even basic)
  powers of Metastock.  The danger to the user group is not too many
  basic questions (actually, isn't that what a user group is for?) but
  rather 1) little Peyton Place frolics-avec-detours such as asking someone
  if she is single and how old and then generating a slew of missives on the
  propriety vel non of such discussions and 2) somebody deciding to become
  Thread Mom and scold newbies for not reading the manual quite as
  thoroughly as Thread Mom thought they should.> > Now, for my
  (proudly) newby question.  Can Metastock be used efficiently for some
  basic stock screening projects, such as alerting me to every one of 2,000
  or so stocks which closes above the 30 day sma with a certain volume on
  each and every day?  I don't know exactly how this is done, but I
  think it must work off my creating a special alert on the Explorer and
  then running Explorer every day after the close?> > Is there
  a way to program Monsieur Metastock to do this automatically while I eat
  dinner and generate a list of stocks for me to digest with my
  brandy?> > TIA,> > Doug>   -----
  Original Message ----- >   From: Dusant >
  To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent: Thursday, May
  29, 2003 11:39 AM>   Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group]
  Newbies> > >   Jono,>
  >   The reason why I take care to read every message is that
  I too was a>   newbie once. However, I HAD taken the
  trouble to read the manual,>   tried all things in my control
  and comprehension before I put it for a>   request for
  assistance.> >   There are plenty of my posts in the
  archives, asking for assistance. I>   also have posted
  several of my own formulae for consideration for my>
  peers.> >   There have been PLENTY and I also know, in
  future, there WILL BE>   PLENTY of folks on this forum to
  assist me if I run up against a wall.> >   Guys
  like Roy, Preston, Henry, Spyros and more and more. (If I
  have>   missed names its only becoz of haste)>
  >   The only reason why I put this message up was that I find
  all sorts of>   requests for BASIC assistance, which are
  already available in the>   manual or the F1 button.>
  >   I found it incomprehensible that when the answer is
  already there on>   the system, why do folks make these
  posts on this forum.> >   And the only answer which
  came to my mind was that "newbies" are>   looking for the
  "perfect" way to make money by trading, without making>
  the effort to either > >   1) search the archives or
  their manuals for what they are looking for, >   2) or do
  not know what they are looking for.> >   except for a
  Holy Grail which has never been invented (discovered)
  and>   never will be.> >   Such a
  Holy Grail, if posted on such a public site, will
  immediately>   lose its value, becoz if everyone wants to
  buy at a particular point>   of time, who will want to
  sell.> >   Which we all know is the basics of the
  market.> >   Also I wanted to drive home a point that
  JUST by purchasing Metastock>   does not make "newbies"
  the Super(wo)men of the trading community.> >   I am
  really sorry for posting such a long "digression" but, here
  I>   felt I needed to defend myself, even with the last
  *wink* of your message.> >   Please appreciate,
  that I do not mean anything personally towards>   anyone. And
  neither have I taken your message directed personally to me.>
  >   Let the matter rest.> >   Best
  wishes and happy trading.> >   Dusant>
  >   --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jonathan King"
  <jking@xxxx> wrote:>   >
  Dusant,>   > >   > You always have the
  right to hit the delete message button or filter>   via
  the>   > email header ;-)>   >
  From: Dusant [mailto:cooldush@xxxx]>   > Sent: Thursday,
  29 May 2003 4:08 PM>   > To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   > Subject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Newbies>   > >
  > >   >   A word to newbies. A sincere
  request is made to all to please read and>
  >   understand the Manual before putting up posts for assistance.
  I do not>   >   think it is fair on your
  part to expect help if you have not taken the>
  >   trouble to read the manual itself, or gone thru the help
  file.>   > >   >   A word to
  the moderator, apart from the spam message, maybe a
  sentence>   >   on the welcome screen asking
  newbies to do the same also would help.>   >
  >   >   It would save a lot of time, energy and
  resources.>   > >   >
  Thank you>   > >   >
  Dusant>   > >   > >
  >         Yahoo! Groups
  Sponsor>

  ADVERTISEMENT>   > >   >
  >   > >   > >
  >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
  to:>   >
  equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   >
  >   > >   > >
  Service.> >
  >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  ADVERTISEMENT>

  >        >
  >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
  to:>   equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > > >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
  the Yahoo! Terms of Service.To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour