Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Newbies

Doug,

Open Explorer, New. Name your exploration. In Filter enter:

C > Mov(C,30,S) AND Mov(V,50,S) > 1000

This looks for closes above the 30d sma w/avg 50d volume greater than
100K.

Harold

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMC197807 <dmc197807@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dusant et al:
>
> Actually the few newbie questions that may seem too basic present a
wonderful chance for somebody to practice a "random act of kindness"
and elucidate the many (even basic) powers of Metastock.  The danger
to the user group is not too many basic questions (actually, isn't
that what a user group is for?) but rather 1) little Peyton Place
frolics-avec-detours such as asking someone if she is single and how
old and then generating a slew of missives on the propriety vel non
of such discussions and 2) somebody deciding to become Thread Mom and
scold newbies for not reading the manual quite as thoroughly as
Thread Mom thought they should.

> Now, for my (proudly) newby question.  Can Metastock be used
efficiently for some basic stock screening projects, such as alerting
me to every one of 2,000 or so stocks which closes above the 30 day
sma with a certain volume on each and every day?  I don't know
exactly how this is done, but I think it must work off my creating a
special alert on the Explorer and then running Explorer every day
after the close?

> Is there a way to program Monsieur Metastock to do this
automatically while I eat dinner and generate a list of stocks for me
to digest with my brandy?

> TIA,
>
> Doug

(discovered) and
>   never will be.
>
>   Such a Holy Grail, if posted on such a public site, will
immediately
>   lose its value, becoz if everyone wants to buy at a particular
point
>   of time, who will want to sell.
>
>   Which we all know is the basics of the market.
>
>   Also I wanted to drive home a point that JUST by purchasing
Metastock

<jking@xxxx> wrote:
>   > Dusant,
>   >
>   > You always have the right to hit the delete message button or
filter
>   via the
>   > email header ;-)
>   >
>   > Cheers,
>   >
>   > Jono
>   >
>   > [Jonathan King]  -----Original Message-----
I do not
>   >   think it is fair on your part to expect help if you have not
taken the
>   >   trouble to read the manual itself, or gone thru the help file.
>   >
>   >   A word to the moderator, apart from the spam message, maybe a
sentence
>   >   on the welcome screen asking newbies to do the same also
would help.
>   >
>   >   It would save a lot of time, energy and resources.
>   >
>   >   Thank you
>   >
>   >   Dusant
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/BefplB/TM