Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Newbies

Dusant et al:

Actually the few newbie questions that may seem too
basic present a wonderful chance for somebody to practice a "random act of
kindness" and elucidate the many (even basic) powers of Metastock.  The
danger to the user group is not too many basic questions (actually, isn't that
what a user group is for?) but rather 1) little Peyton Place
frolics-avec-detours such as asking someone if she is single and how old and
then generating a slew of missives on the propriety vel non of such discussions
and 2) somebody deciding to become Thread Mom and scold newbies for not reading
the manual quite as thoroughly as Thread Mom thought they should.

Now, for my (proudly) newby question.  Can
Metastock be used efficiently for some basic stock screening projects, such as
alerting me to every one of 2,000 or so stocks which closes above the 30 day sma
with a certain volume on each and every day?  I don't know exactly how this
is done, but I think it must work off my creating a special alert on the
Explorer and then running Explorer every day after the close?

Is there a way to program Monsieur Metastock to do
this automatically while I eat dinner and generate a list of stocks for me to
digest with my brandy?

TIA,

Doug
<BLOCKQUOTE