Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Downloader question

Thanks for your help.

But I needed one more step. I should have read the Metastock
Downloader manual.  It states that when converting  Excel files to
Metastock, the Excel file columns should be labeled as DATE OPEN HIGH
LOW CLOSE VOLUME O/I.  So I didnt download the file, but opened it in
Excel and added the column labels, and saved it as an Excel file.

The Downloader then worked, as you stated, to convert it to Metastock
format.

Thanks again.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gregory Sandmire"
<sandmire@xxxx> wrote:
> Hard to tell from the info you provided so I will try to take you
through it from start to finish.

> 1. Go to your "Local Disk" probably (C:) and create a new folder to
put your downloads into. I named mine Britefutures Downloads.

> 2. In "Local Disk" find your "Metastock Data" folder and in it
create a new folder to hold the new data once it is converted. I
named mine New Futures.

> 3. Go to Britefutures and download a contract and make sure to
download it into the new folder named Britefutures Downloads.

> 4. Open up the Metastock Downloader. Under Tools click on Convert.
The convert window will open. Top half is source. File type should be
ASCII Text from the drop down list. Now hit Browse. Another window
will open. At the top it says Look in: use the drop down to find the
folder Britefutures Downloads. Here is where i think you got lost.
the next step is to go to the bottom where it says Files of type: use
the drop down and select All Files (*.*) Any or all of your downloads
should show up now. Select the one you want to convert by clicking on
it to highlite it then click Open. BTW, if you have multiple
downloads in there you can click the first one while holding down the
shift key and scroll to the last one and click on it. This should
highlite all of them.

> 5.Once you hit Open you should go back to the Convert Window. Now
work on the destination end. File type: Metastock. Browse to find
C:\MetastockData\New Futures then click OK. A ticker Symbol window
will open, hit Close and a Conversion Report should come up, Hit
Close and you are done.

> Once you get the hang of it it's not as bad as it seems. Let me
know if you have trouble.

> Greg

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/BefplB/TM