Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Downloader question

Hard to tell from the info you provided so I will
try to take you through it from start to finish.

1. Go to your "Local Disk" probably (C:) and create
a new folder to put your downloads into. I named mine Britefutures
Downloads.

2. In "Local Disk" find your "Metastock Data"
folder and in it create a new folder to hold the new data once it is converted.
I named mine New Futures.

3. Go to Britefutures and download a contract and
make sure to download it into the new folder named Britefutures
Downloads.

4. Open up the Metastock Downloader. Under Tools
click on Convert. The convert window will open. Top half is source. File type
should be ASCII Text from the drop down list. Now hit Browse. Another
window will open. At the top it says Look in: use the drop down to find the
folder Britefutures Downloads. Here is where i think you got lost. the next step
is to go to the bottom where it says Files of type: use the drop down and select
All Files (*.*) Any or all of your downloads should show up now. Select the one
you want to convert by clicking on it to highlite it then click Open. BTW, if
you have multiple downloads in there you can click the first one while holding
down the shift key and scroll to the last one and click on it. This should
highlite all of them.

5.Once you hit Open you should go back to the
Convert Window. Now work on the destination end. File type: Metastock. Browse to
find C:\MetastockData\New Futures then click OK. A ticker Symbol window will
open, hit Close and a Conversion Report should come up, Hit Close and you are
done.

Once you get the hang of it it's not as bad as it
seems. Let me know if you have trouble.

Greg
<BLOCKQUOTE