[Metastockusers] Re: Zig Zag Formula

Cool,

I am unable to agree with you. Here's why. Plot a 500 period
exponential moving average on a chart with 1000 bars. You will notice
that a value for the EMA does not appear at the first bar. As a
matter of fact you will not get a plot until after the 500 period.

A bit of trickery, yes, but it proves the point that not all
indicators plot from beginning to end or past to present as you say.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember a trendline
indicator that was posted here maybe around the end of last year that
plotted in such a fashion...from the end back...not from the
beginning to the end.

Preston

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dusant" <cooldush@xxxx> wrote:
> From what I can understand throughout this exchange is that Steve is
> trying to plot linear lines, from one point to another.
> Please appreciate the following:
> Assuming that you want to "draw" a trendline using an indicator
> formula, you need two points.
> One in the past and one in the present.
> Any metastock formula will assess your mathematical requirement BAR
BY

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/zMEolB/TM