RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE:RE: RE: v8 System Tester Issues and how to fix.

Of
course, you have to define "myFormula" before you use it in your AFL.  This
can either be in the same program or as a function that you have saved.  In
the later case, you use the #include to load the function.   When you
do use it, however, it is as simple as the line I gave you;   myVar =
myFormula();
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: SR
  [mailto:raftsp@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 10:07
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] RE:RE: RE: v8 System Tester Issues and how to
  fix.Anthony and Kevin and Chuck thank you for your
  replies.Chuck:1. ObviouslymyVar = myFormula()is not
  enough because it doesn't work [although I am trying with version4.30 (the
  latest?)]I wouldn't mind to have to write a couple of lines including
  #includedirectives etc. asAnthony suggests (in fact, I had already
  tried that several times in thepast) but I usually get errors.That's
  why I keep asking and trying. I have already read Janeczko's javascript
  and VB examplesand a few messages on the AB board. Sometimes the #include
  solution works,other timesit does not. I get unexpected and
  inexplicable errors.2. I asked on this board because the AB
  conversation was brought to thisboard (not by me anyway).BTW my
  opinion is that such conversations are not exactly off topic becauseI
  guess that themembers of this group are much more than just MS users. Some
  of them havealready triedother software (AB included), some have
  already asked questions about suchsoftware and mostof us would like to
  have some elementary information about ... the rest ofthe world.3.
  As I said, in the past I had directly asked Janeczko about these
  problemsbut I got no answer.Yes, he had rapidly replied to my first
  message, but as the problempersisted, I had to ask again.This time he
  did not reply. A few days ago I searched the AB database forrelevant
  messages.I found I few, among which some replies by Janeczko. I must say
  that theywere not very encouraging.So, my impression so far is that
  neither AB programming nor thecommunication is free of
  problems.Please don't missunderstand me. I still believe that
  AmiBroker is anexcellent program. And as far asprogramming is
  concerned it is much more powerful than Metastock, which fordifferent
  reasonsis also an excellent program. I am just saying that both programs
  have theircons and unlessthe function-calling problem is solved for
  good, this IMO will be a major ABdrawback.Anyway I will make a new
  attempt with the AB group.Thanks againSpyrosMessage:
  16   Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:19:24 -0400   From:
  "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx>Subject: RE: RE: v8
  System Tester Issues and how to fix.It's even easier in
  AFL.   Just say:      myVar =
  myFormula();Even better than MS, AFL will let you pass values to the
  "other" formula aswith this example:
  myVar = myFormula(Open*1.1);A lot of people are willing to help with
  AB/AFL questions, but feel awkwardanswering them on this
  board.   If you ask questions like this on the ABboard, you will
  get a quick reply.  In fact, you will get dozens of replies.>
  -----Original Message-----> From: SR [mailto:raftsp@xxxxxxxxx]>
  Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 6:33 AM> To:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE: v8
  System Tester Issues and how to> fix.>>>>
  Kevin,>> Let me add a question about AmiBroker.> What I
  want to do is very simple: have a formula call another formula the> way
  we do in MS:>> myVar:= fml("myFormula");>> Can
  this be done with AFL? If yes, then how? Could you provide the AB>
  equivalent?>> Whenever I ask this question I get no answer! I
  have asked a couple of AB> users privately, I have asked>
  publicly, I have asked Tomasz Janeczko. No positive replies no
  negative> ones! Nothing! Very strange, isn't it?>> So I
  hope you will be kind enough to post a reply.> Thank you in
  advance.>> SpyrosTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.