From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 10:07:13 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE:RE: RE: v8 System Tester Issues and how
to fix.

Anthony and Kevin and Chuck thank you for your replies.

Chuck:

1. Obviously
myVar = myFormula()
is not enough because it doesn't work [although I am trying with version
4.30 (the latest?)]
I wouldn't mind to have to write a couple of lines including #include
directives etc. as
Anthony suggests (in fact, I had already tried that several times in the
past) but I usually get errors.
That's why I keep asking and trying. I have already read Janeczko's java
script and VB examples
and a few messages on the AB board. Sometimes the #include solution works,
other times
it does not. I get unexpected and inexplicable errors.

2. I asked on this board because the AB conversation was brought to this
board (not by me anyway).
BTW my opinion is that such conversations are not exactly off topic because
I guess that the
members of this group are much more than just MS users. Some of them have
already tried
other software (AB included), some have already asked questions about such
software and most
of us would like to have some elementary information about ... the rest of
the world.

3. As I said, in the past I had directly asked Janeczko about these problems
but I got no answer.
Yes, he had rapidly replied to my first message, but as the problem
persisted, I had to ask again.
This time he did not reply. A few days ago I searched the AB database for
relevant messages.
I found I few, among which some replies by Janeczko. I must say that they
were not very encouraging.
So, my impression so far is that neither AB programming nor the
communication is free of problems.

Please don't missunderstand me. I still believe that AmiBroker is an
excellent program. And as far as
programming is concerned it is much more powerful than Metastock, which for
different reasons
is also an excellent program. I am just saying that both programs have their
cons and unless
the function-calling problem is solved for good, this IMO will be a major AB
drawback.

Anyway I will make a new attempt with the AB group.
Thanks again
Spyros

Message: 16