Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] v8 System Tester Issues and how to fix.

Joe J,

I've used Metastock for years and have made money with it.  But Version 8.0 has driven me to check out Amibroker.  I'm also one of the posted success stories on Equis' Website.  My expectations were pretty lofty for 8.0 and 8.01.  So far, I've be disappointed.   I rather go back to 7.2.  I'm using the Professional Version in all cases.  It was a disappointment in Equis even shipping it to me. (almost a month)

8.0/.01 is way too slow, too memory intensive, and is too restricted on time frame.  I asked their tech support several times for help and pointed out that their answers weren't anywhere in the documentation.  Their tech support didn't disagree with that either.  So as far as future purchases of Equis products, they will have to be significantly better than 8.0 or 8.01.

In the mean time, I have converted all my trading systems and explorations to Amibroker for $200 - real time analysis and a few hours effort.  Hardly the cost of a "bad fill".

So I now have an alternative to Metastock.

Like I said, I used Metastock to make a lot of money in the past, but 8.0 and 8.01 don't cut it.  Several of my unanswered complaints to Equis are readily available in Amibroker.

Future software purchases will be made based on value to me, not on past reputation.

Kevin Campbell