Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] v8 System Tester Issues and how to fix.

Tom:

You said:
>>In the mean time, I have converted all my trading systems and explorations to Amibroker for $200 - real time analysis and a few hours effort. Hardly the cost of a "bad fill".

So I now have an alternative to Metastock.

Like I said, I used Metastock to make a lot of money in the past, but 8.0 and 8.01 don't cut it. Several of my unanswered complaints to Equis are readily available in Amibroker.<<

I looked at Amibroker 4.2 briefly while I was evaluating Metastock 8 (EOD version). I'll admit I was turned off because, until you paid for the program, you had to create your database each time you opened the program, couldn't save any formulas, etc: in short, you had to essentially start over ever time you opened the program. It takes me a while to understand a program, and I wasn't able to do it effectively with the Amibroker sample. Metastock gave me 30 days and a fully functional program to evaluate.

Having said that, a few questions now that you have switched:
1. Will Amibroker accept your Metastock formulas for system testing and indicators, or do you have to learn a new language?
2. You said it overcomes some of the Metastock 8 shortcomings. What are these?
3. And since no program is perfect, what shortcomings does Amibroker have that Metastock did NOT have?

Harry

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!