[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Life is Too Short

kut2k2,

It is possible that Jurik's indicators would allow you to auto-adjust
the lookback period of other indicators but I have no first hand
knowledge of this.

The whole adaptive issue in Metastock has been going on for a long
time now. I would have thought that a third party would have designed
a DLL for this purpose by now. There may well be some that I am not
aware of though. There are none that are being given away.
Proprietary/Blackbox DLL's and indicators are highly guarded and
protected. In most cases you may be able to purchase a DLL but you
will not be able to crack the code.

I am aware of some private groups that have developed an adaptive DLL
but in order to get a copy you would need to be a member of the
group.

In the end I think you need to consider whether an adaptive indicator
is really worth all the effort. My own observations are that they
really are not. Place your time and effort in learning good technical
analysis methods. Most of the really good TA people use very simple
tools and methods.

Preston

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.