[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Life is Too Short

kut2k2,

There are several ways to accomplish what you want and the method you
have chosen is one. An adaptive DLL is another if you can find it. In
the end you consider whether it will really be worth all the effort.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kut2k2 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kut2k2 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> > ... according to the AB group,
> > the latest version of AB has dynamic time periods for hhv, llv,
ref,
> > sum, ma, wma and a few others. That is exactly what I need to get
> the
> > indicators I really seek for trading. It's a no-brainer for me to
> > switch to AB, I just haven't done it yet. :-\
> >

> OK, I tried like heck to find a way around the non-dynamic time-
period
> limit of MS because I'd hate to give up SmartCharts and to have to
> learn a new trading-program language. I thought I'd succeeded.
>
> Let's say I have a custom indicator called CUS(data-array,
lookback)
> and I wanted "lookback" as a variable. MS doesn't allow variable
time
> periods in general, unless the program will accept "lastvalue
(lookback
> + PREV - PREV)" as a substitute for "lookback". In my case, it
didn't.
> Then it occurred to me to try it the hard way, just to see what
things
> looked like. That's when I found out about the 20-variables limit
in
> MFL formulas. :-(
>
> OK, so I settled on using a limited selection, for example:
> CUS03 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 3)];
> CUS06 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 6)];
> CUS09 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 9)];
> CUS12 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 12)]; etc.
>
> That worked. Until I tried to actually implement the formula using
>
> If(lookback<3.5, CUS03, If(lookback<6.5, CUS06, If(lookback<9.5,
> CUS09, If(lookback<12.5, CUS12, etc.
>
> That's when I found out about the 20-numeric-constants limit in MFL
> formulas. GRRRRR!!!
>
> I give up. Anybody who wants to do real cutting-edge TA isn't going
> get it done with MetaSCHLOCK.
>
> kut2k2

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping