Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Life is Too Short

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> kut2k2
>
> The limit for constants is 40 with my version of MS - 7.03. There is
a way
> round that as well. Once you have used your 40 constants, which do
not have
> to be 0-39, you can add combinations of constants to get the value
you
> require. The next problem you will run into is the 2499 character
limit
> because adding numbers together takes up more space.
>
> Examples
>
> Suppose you use 0-39 as your allowable constants, then for
> 40 use 39+1, and for
> 41 use 39+2
> and so on. Simple really.

Roy

I have 6.52, which has a 20-numeric-constants limit. I see version 7
still has the 2.5K character limit, and presumably the 20-variables
limit as well. Thanks for the info about the constants. I found an
alternative method of dividing the formula into more than one part (3,
in this particular case). It's just aggravating to have to go to that
extreme for something which should be straight-forward.

kut2k2

"lastvalue(lookback
> > + PREV - PREV)" as a substitute for "lookback". In my case, it
didn't.
> > Then it occurred to me to try it the hard way, just to see what
things
> > looked like. That's when I found out about the 20-variables limit
in
> > MFL formulas. :-(
> >
> > OK, so I settled on using a limited selection, for example:
> > CUS03 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 3)];
> > CUS06 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 6)];
> > CUS09 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 9)];
> > CUS12 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 12)]; etc.
> >
> > That worked. Until I tried to actually implement the formula using
> >
> > If(lookback<3.5, CUS03, If(lookback<6.5, CUS06, If(lookback<9.5,
> > CUS09, If(lookback<12.5, CUS12, etc.
> >
> > That's when I found out about the 20-numeric-constants limit in
MFL
> > formulas. GRRRRR!!!
> >
> > I give up. Anybody who wants to do real cutting-edge TA isn't
going to
> > get it done with MetaSCHLOCK.
> >
> > kut2k2

Rent DVDs from home.