[EquisMetaStock Group] Life is Too Short

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kut2k2 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> ... according to the AB group,
> the latest version of AB has dynamic time periods for hhv, llv, ref,
> sum, ma, wma and a few others. That is exactly what I need to get
the
> indicators I really seek for trading. It's a no-brainer for me to
> switch to AB, I just haven't done it yet. :-\

OK, I tried like heck to find a way around the non-dynamic time-period
limit of MS because I'd hate to give up SmartCharts and to have to
learn a new trading-program language. I thought I'd succeeded.

Let's say I have a custom indicator called CUS(data-array, lookback)
and I wanted "lookback" as a variable. MS doesn't allow variable time
periods in general, unless the program will accept "lastvalue(lookback
+ PREV - PREV)" as a substitute for "lookback". In my case, it didn't.
Then it occurred to me to try it the hard way, just to see what things
looked like. That's when I found out about the 20-variables limit in
MFL formulas. :-(

OK, so I settled on using a limited selection, for example:
CUS03 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 3)];
CUS06 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 6)];
CUS09 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 9)];
CUS12 := [formula for CUS(data-array, 12)]; etc.

That worked. Until I tried to actually implement the formula using

If(lookback<3.5, CUS03, If(lookback<6.5, CUS06, If(lookback<9.5,
CUS09, If(lookback<12.5, CUS12, etc.

That's when I found out about the 20-numeric-constants limit in MFL
formulas. GRRRRR!!!

I give up. Anybody who wants to do real cutting-edge TA isn't going to
get it done with MetaSCHLOCK.

kut2k2

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.