Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] HHV(close,n)

Thanks for another helpful response, Roy. :-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> kut2k2
>
> > So I'm left wondering what exactly LastValue(A) is good for.  The
> > manual clearly insinuates that it acts like
LastValue(A+PREV-PREV),
> > even though it doesn't:
>
> I've found it useful when an Input() function has two handle values
(entry
> delay and exit delay for example), and the values have to be split
out
> before they can be used. Having subjected the Input() value to Int()
and/or
> Frac() the seperated delay period  values  can no longer be used as
the
> "periods" constant unless wrapped in LastValue() first.
>
> Why would I bother you ask? Because only 6 inputs are permitted per
> indicator by MS and sometimes I cheat and put in more. See
representative
> code below.
>
> Cp:=Input("Capital,   Entry / Exit Delays $ ## ",0,100033,5011);
> Nd:=LastValue(Int(0.1+Frac(Cp/100)*10));
> Xd:=LastValue(Cp-Int(Cp/10)*10);
> Cp:=Int(Cp/100)*100;
>
> Nd and Xd have now been reconstituted as constants - without
LastValue() I
> would be forced to use seperate Input() functions.
>
> > "The formula mov(close,lastvalue(fml("Determine Periods")),s)
> > calculates a moving average using the number of periods returned
by
> > the indicator named "Determine Periods"."
>
> I've never seen this in my manuals. Can you tell me where where to
look. I
> have 7.0 EOD manual but the layout should be very similar to
whatever
> version you have.

I still have MS6.52. The page number in the 6.5 manual is 232, the
paragraph right above "Linear Regression Indicator".

> > Apparently "Determine Periods" is only good for determining
*constant*
> > periods. :-P
>
> In the example you give from the manual it sure looks that way to
me.

> > AmiBroker is looking better every day.
>
> If only better tools would make me a better trader :)
>
> Roy

It is undocumented or poorly documented but according to the AB group,
the latest version of AB has dynamic time periods for hhv, llv, ref,
sum, ma, wma and a few others. That is exactly what I need to get the
indicators I really seek for trading. It's a no-brainer for me to
switch to AB, I just haven't done it yet. :-\

Good trading,
kut2k2

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/BefplB/TM