[EquisMetaStock Group] Enhanced System Tester missing trade

Please help!

   I just upgraded to 8.1 and I am unable to duplicate a system test
similar to the results I get in the version prior to 8.0.  According
to support the settings below should work.  I have another multiply
system tester that I have been using from Debry.com which is a
MetaStock-plugin.  This system tester will pick up all trades my
system generates.  The enhanced system tester WILL NOT PICK UP many
trades if the % of capital is set to 100 percent.  At times if you
set the percent of capital to 50 percent you can get more trades to
execute.  Points only works!

  EQUIS should have provided a one button CLICK TO SET all the
default so that the system tester will emulate 7.XX and below.

Don't Trust the Results That You Get from the Enhanced System
Tester.  I ask support to get Debry.com Msst and compare the result
of the two. If you can get anywhere close to the same results using
the settings that support suggested below please let me know.

Very frustrated user,

Could someone please explain to me how you get MetaStock 8.1 to
duplicate a system test prior to 8.XX?

Very frustrated,

User

                       Email from Support
User,

With all the additional options that can be set in the Enhanced
system tester compared to the old system tester there are many
possibility why we could have different end results.  One thing that
we noticed is the default size option is set to one, in the old
version of the system tester this defaulted too 100% of available
equity.  In 7.02 did you also have the option set to buy on today'
open? Because we noticed this options was set to enter the trade at
the open with a zero delay, which means buying on today's open.
Below is a FAQ off the web that covers this, try making these
changes to see if it makes the result of the test's match.

How do I run a simulation that will duplicate a System Test run in
versions of MetaStock prior to 8.0?

On the `General' tab of the System Editor, set `Order Bias' to Long
Orders. Set the `Portfolio Bias' to Single, and limit the number of
positions to 1.

On each of the order tabs (Buy Order, Sell Order, etc.), set the
order type to Market.

When setting up the Simulation, on the `Broker' tab of the System
Testing Options, set the `Short Initial' Margin Requirement to 200%,
the Short Maintenance to 101%, and the Commissions to `Points Per
Transaction'.

On the Trade Execution tab of the System Testing options, uncheck
the option titled `Realistic Market Prices' and designate the price
and delay for each order type.

Please note that there may be a small discrepancy between the
results generated by the new Enhanced System Tester and those from
prior versions of MetaStock due to the new Enhanced System Tester
not trading fractional shares.

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!