Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Finding future events

This is from another group. See if it gives you any ideas.

Preston

a user asked if the tommorows close could calculated which would
cause the MACD to cross the 0 line, or the trigger line.  we worked
it out and got:

a:=12;b:=26;x:=2/(1+a);y:=2/(1+b);
top:=Mov(C,b,E)*(1-y)-Mov(C,a,E)*(1-x);

{C required for trigger line crossover}
(Mov(MACD(),9,E)+top)/(x-y);

{C required for 0 value MACD}
top/(x-y)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "will65shak" <nexus42@xxxx>
wrote:
> > to point out that a little lateral thinking goes a long way
>
> I'm almost horizontal, and I _still_ don't get it!-)
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but:
>
> I'm not calculating the distance between two events, but instead
> from the _current bar_ until the next event. Knowing this distance,
> I then plan to calculate & plot a value _at each_ current bar, and
> this value will change for every bar since distance (and price)
> changes at each bar. If I 'wait' with the calculation until the
next
> event, I can only plot a value at that event, but not at the dozens
> of bars between events.
>
> Is this even possible in MS? Or is it just impossible to make me
get
> it?-)
>
>     Cheers!Kristian
>

> > How to create a BarsFuture(), i.e. a BarsSince() that finds the
> next true bar instead of the last true bar?

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/BefplB/TM