Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Problem with LowestSince function

 Hi:Try
LowestSince(1,cross(H,Ref(HHV(HIGH,40),-1)),LOW) Don't know what your
doing but <> gives a constant 1 and generally doesn't give what you
want. Cross(above, below) gives a spike which is needed to start
lowestsince(jk,KJK,JK) Donald

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bex1210" <hmw3@xxxx> wrote:
> Roy:
>
> Thanks for the explaination of when true/false is required. I must
admit I have lots of trouble understanding the nuances of the
Metastock manual.

> Unfortunately, your
> "LowestSince(1,H>Ref(HHV(HIGH,40),-1),LOW)"
> doesn't work any better than my
> "H1:=HHV(HIGH,40);
> LowestSince(1,H1=HIGH,LOW)".
>
> Both get in trouble when the high rises and falls, yet does not
exceed a previous high over the 40 period. Trying charting any stock
that rises and falls (i.e., is not trending). Then plot an Indicator
of "HHV(HIGH,40)". Then plot a 2nd indicator of either of the two
LowestSince() formulas above. You will see that there are spots where
the HHV indicator drops over time to pick up a newer (and lower) HHV,
but the LowestSince() doesn't recognize the newer HHV, and therefore
doesn't change the Low as it should. (It make take looking at several
stocks before you find one with the correct relations of relative
highs.)

> I thought I had a solution by calculating the period back to when
the HHV occurred, and then substituting that period into llv(); such
as
> "H1:=HHVBars(HIGH,40);
> llv(low,H1)"
> but Metastock will not allow a variable for the period in llv()
[although it does allow variables for periods in formulas such as rsi
().]

> So I am stuck. With your vast experience in using these Metastock
formulas, perhaps you have another suggestion.

> And yes, when I can get something to chart correctly, my plan is to
use it in the Explorer, and hopefully also in the System Tester.

> Harry
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Harry
> >
> > I misunderstood/misread your question. I wrongly assumed it was
concerning
> > an exploration.
> >
> > Looking at your example below, you are using a price "HHV
(HIGH,40)" as if it
> > were a binary value (true or false). Any price above $1 will be
treated as a
> > binary true. You need to set up a true/false condition inside the
> > LowestSince() possibly "LowestSince(1,H>Ref(HHV(HIGH,40),-
1),LOW)". I'm
> > assuming the prices you are working with are nearly always
greater than $1.

> > Sorry for the earlier misinformation. Hope this puts you on the
right track

> > Roy

LowestSince()
> > calculates the wrong Low. I also tried H1<HIGH, and even H1>HIGH,
and
> > combinations. None work.
> > >
> > > So there is something which I must not understand about how
LowestSince()

<rlarsen@xxxx> wrote:

> > least
and