RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Mutliple Time Frames and erroneous indicator values...

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Martin,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Are
you trying to simply plot an indicator on top of the data itself?  If so,
that will not work.  See, for example, they way you have to do a MACD in
message #7151.  When using indicators on the longer timeframe data set, you
have to sample it again (meaning just take the value at each of the longer time
intervals) for use in the indicator.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: MartinSinclair
  [mailto:no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 9:02
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Mutliple Time Frames and erroneous indicator
  values...Hi,We just had a nice discussion
  about multiple time frames,and while I was implementing some ideas in MS
  in order to get rid of my other software, I encountered an unexpected
  problem.The formulas provided so far, including my modified version in
  post #7167 work well in providing the hourly close values derived from
  any other time frames. However, while applying an indicator on itit gives
  a different value than when the same indicator is applied on the original
  60min data. I verified my two data series and the closes match perfectly.
  Also, I used indicators with no memory beyond the lookback period, like a
  simple MA or momentum. Any idea why it's not working ? Thanks
  all.Martin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor