Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] HHV(close,n)

Hi again, Roy

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> kut2k2
>
> LastValue(A) is brilliant for applying the current (last) value of
"A" as a
> constant to any function. What it will not do is apply the value of
"A" 100
> bars ago to any required function also 100 bars ago.

I thought I'd better reply for the benefit of you and others:
LastValue(A) does apply the value of A 100 bars ago to any required
function also 100 bars ago. But it does not retain that value for
future reference because the entire array of LastValue(A) is changed
with every new bar of data. LastValue(A+PREV-PREV) does retain past
values *if* it exists. Unfortunately what I want to do gives error
messages for LastValue(A+PREV-PREV). I am very disappointed that
MetaStock spent thousands of code lines on garbage like Gann angles
yet something truly useful like a real dynamic time-period goes
lacking. :-(

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/uetFAA/BefplB/TM