[Metastockusers] Re: Help! MetaStock V8 and ESignal

Actually, it does list signal and not esignal in my downloader. It
is unclear to me how to change this as i don't have an esignal tab.

Thanks for the qcollector suggestion. I'll take a look at it. Also
looking at "Metaserver RT", which allows one to access data through
DDE (I have bloomberg at work)
www.traders-soft.com/ts/msrt/index.htm
Does anyone have any experience with this or similar DDE apps for MS?

Thanks for the response.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "RR" <stocks@xxxx> wrote:
> Be sure you are using the Esignal and not Signal tab in the
downloader.

> It takes about 10-15 minutes to download the quotes on a nightly
run for
> about 2200 securities.
> If you are wanting to download intraday data, you will need to use
> different product than MS downloader
> such as qcollector pro for Esignal.  www.mechtrading.com

approximately
> > the S&P 1500. I would like locally store this data, as far back
as
> > it goes for each stock. But simply trying to download the EOD
data
> > was a chore. A message warned that I had exceeded my stock limit
> > (which I thought was only a limit for looking a charts
> > simulataneously not downloading) Do I have to break it up into
> > blocks of stocks?. I suspect other users are looking at even
larger
> > universes. How are you dealing with download issues. Also, what
> > happens if I miss a download, easy or difficult to get the data
up
> > to dat? And I have even gotten into intraday data... Please, if
> > anyone has had similar issues, share your thoughts, experiences,
> > solutions.

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/uetFAA/zMEolB/TM