Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] HHV(close,n)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kut2k2 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi again, Roy
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > kut2k2
> >
> > LastValue(A) is brilliant for applying the current (last) value of
> "A" as a
> > constant to any function. What it will not do is apply the value
of
> "A" 100
> > bars ago to any required function also 100 bars ago.
>
> I thought I'd better reply for the benefit of you and others:
> LastValue(A) does apply the value of A 100 bars ago to any required
> function also 100 bars ago. But it does not retain that value for
> future reference because the entire array of LastValue(A) is changed
> with every new bar of data. LastValue(A+PREV-PREV) does retain past
> values *if* it exists. Unfortunately what I want to do gives error
> messages for LastValue(A+PREV-PREV).

OK, I blew it here. Sorry. Roy was right: "What it will *not* do is
apply the value of 'A' 100 bars ago to any required function also 100
bars ago." My complicated function led me to believe otherwise, until
I noticed an unlikely equivalence with a similar but simpler function.

So I'm left wondering what exactly LastValue(A) is good for.  The
manual clearly insinuates that it acts like LastValue(A+PREV-PREV),
even though it doesn't:
"The formula mov(close,lastvalue(fml("Determine Periods")),s)
calculates a moving average using the number of periods returned by
the indicator named "Determine Periods"."

Apparently "Determine Periods" is only good for determining *constant*
periods. :-P

AmiBroker is looking better every day.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping