Re: [Metastockusers] Software

From: "The Boy" <theboy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> First, it is written in Delphi, and that is a programming language
> which is at my personal opinion dying out.

As will .net at some point in time. But the programming language
is (set aside speed) not realy important for the user. Most important
thing is that the programs can work fast with it if some bug or
anything is found. Since Delphi exists for a long time, many of
the problems are well know and solutions can be found fast.
So i don't know if it's a bad point....

> Second: I am workless at he moment, so that brings two things:
> - I have time beside studying for exams I want to take
> - I do NOT have money (my monthly budget I can spend is EUR 500)

But the next line....

> And in addition it would be nice to have something like that as
> "Open Source" or for a very cheap price available...

Would leave that you will spend a lot of time, and still will be
without a low budget because open source (as far as i know) has
never brought anybody a lot of money in the past...

I must say, i like the open source software. It can be a very good
way of getting very good software. There allready are some open
source projects, wich, for whatever reason, have never come realy
of the ground.... Maybe traders are not intrested in programming
anything other than their systems, i have no idea.

competition ofcourse is good. It will keep a;; vendors working hard.
However there allready is a lot of competition and i would ask
myself the question, would a "part time project" ever be as good
as a metastock / tradestation / wealth-lab combination where
many programmers are working on....

so maybe better search for some software solution that people
are looking for ? Don't ask me what, but that's for you to find out :-)

I wish you luck, alway's good to see that people are ambitious.

greetings

Henry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/zMEolB/TM