[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: data from the net

Harry,

On Yahoo page, below the current day prices you will find
link "Historical prices". Follow it and there you can specify "from"
and "to" dates for the data you are interested in.

I tested it for BMW stocks traded on different exchanges.
MSFeed downloader loaded prices from Yahoo for all of them.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bex1210" <hmw3@xxxx> wrote:
> MSUser:
>
> I looked at the Yahoo site you referenced. Does Yahoo have
historical data for these overseas sites, or just "current day" data?
I went to the links for some of the countries noted, and all I could
find was "current day".

> Also, in you searching, did you find any listing of what companies
trade on some of these exchanges? For example, Germany has 9
exchanges listed, Spain has 5, etc.

<equismetastockuser@xxxx> wrote:
> > Well, now I tried to download data for different exchanges. It
works. There is a list of supported exchanges on
http://finance.yahoo.com/sd.

> > MS User <equismetastockuser@xxxx> wrote:Makes perfect sense. My
peace of mind came for $25 from msfeed.com.Didn't try to download non-
US data, though... I wonder if Reuters would keep finding people who
pay $35 MONTHLY for stocks data...
> > Brendan Holmes <brendan.holmes@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > v\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}o\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url
(#default#VML)}w\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}.shape {
	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)}st1\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url
(#default#ieooui)}@font-face {	font-family: Tahoma;}@page Section1
{size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-
margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; mso-paper-source: 0; }
P.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-
FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination:
widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}LI.MsoNormal
{	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New
Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-
fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoNormal {	FONT-SIZE:
12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-
parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-
family: "Times New Roman"}A:link {	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline; text-underline: single}SPAN.MsoHyperlink {	COLOR: blue;
TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single}A:visited {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline:
single}SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline; text-underline: single}TT {	FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New";
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-
family: "Courier New"; mso-hansi-font-family: "Courier New"; mso-bidi-
font-family: "Courier New"}SPAN.EmailStyle18 {	FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
COLOR: navy; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; TEXT-
DECORATION: none; text-underline: none; mso-ascii-font-family: "Times
New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-
family: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-type: personal-reply; mso-style-
noshow: yes; mso-ansi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt;
text-line-through: none}SPAN.GramE {	mso-style-name: ""; mso-gram-
e: yes}DIV.Section1 {	page: Section1}I use MLDownloader
(http://www.trading-tools.com/mld.htm).  $45 if I remember rightly,
downloads current day's quotes and historical data for all stocks on
Yahoo's server.  Also does real-time for US & Canadian stocks from
quote.com, but I haven't tried that.  I just use it to keep EOD UK
data up to date in Metastock.  Works a treat :-) I figured, I could
probably develop my own solution to dl from Yahoo, in fact I was half
way to programming one using AutoIt and a command-line utility that
grabs web pages, but it took too long and I thought my time was worth
more than $45.  As a one off payment for a lifetime's worth of EOD
stock data (well for as long as Yahoo provides it anyway), I thought
it was worth it. Brendan-----Original Message-----

no real difference between Yahoo and Prophet.

> > Trading overseas is quite another story.

about 11:30 PM eastern time on the trading day. Metaquote gives you
an option of data suppliers, and one is Prophet. I can download from
Prophet about 7:00-7:30 PM eastern time on the trading day. In fact,
this is earlier than my "for pay" data supplier.

<itrade@xxxx> wrote:
> > > I have tried every downloader and there is a big problem with
all of
> > > them.  It's not the programs, they all worked well.
> > > It is the net/web sites.  They are slow to update and what
happens is
> > > that you usually get all the data, except the current
> > > day update.
> > >
> > > So you have a complete record, but it is always a day late and
that is
> > > not acceptable in any kind of trading.  I have contacted
> > > the authors and they have all confirmed it.  So in the end, you
will
> > > have to pay if you want current info, up-to-date for trading
> > > purposes.  Reuters is one example.  You get what you pay for -
> > > unfortunately.

__
> > > ________

I are

> > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=250099.3088638.4504503.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17
05
> > > 375617:HM/A=1546002/R=0/*http:/ads.track-star.com/linker.ts?
ts=1;2;315;1
> > > 5_1_48>
> > >

> > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=250099.3088638.4504503.1728375/D=egrou
> > > pmail/S=:HM/A=1546002/rand=341940954>

> > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

Service.

Service.