RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Inaccurate Indicators

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Barry,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Equis
have apparently corrected an error in the calculation of Linear Regression in
Metastock Version 8.0. So if you are running Version 8.0 you may wish to contact
Equis to obtain your Version 8.01 CD-Rom fix disc. Can't explain the anomaly of
ATR but you will appreciate (as Roy pointed-out) that it is possible that
different software programs implement Welles-Wilder's ATR differently given the
unique averaging that Welles-Wilder used.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Barry Seeger
  [mailto:barry.seeger@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, 22 April 2003 2:05
  p.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Inaccurate Indicators

  <FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
  >Roy<FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
  >,
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2>Many
  thanks for pulling that information together for me. I see now that you were
  writing about the difference in calculated values between an Indicator and an
  Exploration in MS, and how that can be corrected by forcing the exploration to
  use a longer data series.
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2>My issue
  is different from that. It concerns MS calculating a different value for an
  indicator that incorporates Linear Regression and
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  >Average<FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN

  <SPAN
  >True<FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Range<FONT
  face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
  > than another program
  (Trade Station) does. It has been suggested to me that the other program is
  right, and MS gets it just a few cents wrong.
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2>Any idea
  whether that would be the case, and if so, how to correct
  it?
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2>Thanks
  again,