[Metastockusers] Re: Security Function

Freddie,
That's good to hear there are no restrictions. I am doing some
research on volume, and plan to use this function to see what I come
up with. I am trying to duplicate the volume moving average for ETFs
as calculated by www.marketvolume.com. They combine the volume for
all securities that make up the ETF, instead of using the volume for
the ETF itself.

I currently use EOD v8.0, but am waiting on the 8.01 upgrade/fix to
arrive. I use Reuters for data. I swing trade stocks and am working
on some mid to longer term systems to get my retirement accounts out
of the gutter.

Steve

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Freddie Ng <n07476@xxxx> wrote:
> Steve,
> There is no restriction of use on security() function in the same
formula,
> metastock formula has been quite flexible. I will be keen to know
how you
> plan to use it, could you share for discussion purpose and if you
think you
> are too shy to share with the group, send to my personal email. I
had few
> cases that users come direct to me but I personally feel that they
should
> share with the group, more heads are better than one.
>
> Which version are you currently using ?  The new release should be
8.01. I
> think someone had previously posted on what bug fixes are on ver
8.01,
> check it out. Which market data are you subscribing ?
> Btw, are you trading stock or option ?
>
> Best Regards
> Freddie Ng
>
> At 05:08 PM 4/16/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Freddie,
> >That is exactly what I needed. I use EOD and this function is
> >available on the new release (8.1 or 8.01), which hasn't arrived at
> >my house yet. Are there any restrictions on using it, such as the
> >number of times it can be used with different securities in the
same
> >formula?
> >
> >I have to ask these questions because it is not included in my EOD
> >manual.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Steve
> >

> >--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Freddie Ng <n07476@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > Steve,
> > >
> > > The format of the Security( ) is as follows:
> > >
> > > Security("SYMBOL",DATA ARRAY)
> > > This function returns the value of DATA ARRAY for the specified
> >security.
> > >
> > > Examples: security("C:\Data\Sample\IBM",C)
> > >                   security("IBM",C)  - you don't need to specify
> >path if
> > > you are already in the same directory.
> > >                   security("ONLINE:IBM",C)
> > >

> > > Hope this answers your question.
> > > Enjoy !
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > > Freddie Ng

Rent DVDs Online-No late fees! Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YKLNcC/oEZFAA/i5gGAA/zMEolB/TM