Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] what's wrong?

In line 2 of your formula, you are testing "today's" open vs "yesterday's" close, then you are subtracting "yesterday's" open from "today's" close.   Your arithmetic operators do not match your IF condition and can easily give you negative numbers.  I think that in line 2 you want to subtract "yesterday's" close from "today's" open.  That would follow your IF test and give you positive results.

Jay

<<Hi

what is wrong with the following formula:

If(OPEN>Ref(CLOSE,-1),OPEN-Ref(CLOSE,-1),0);

If(OPEN<Ref(CLOSE,-1),CLOSE-Ref(OPEN,-1),0);

Why in some cases the histogram give me positive values, being the
condition that I want, the range between the open and close of the
previous day but in other cases it gives negative values, being the
total range of the day, high minus low.

Thank you>>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor