Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Mutual Funds

I am Canadian. I trade Canadian mutual funds using core
trading techniques.
What is FT?
I do not understand why you group ETFs with mutual funds
rather than with stocks. Sure, an ETF is a basket of stocks like a mutual fund,
but, the similarity ends there. They can be traded like
stocks. Mutual funds on the other hand, at least in Canada, are valued only once
per day and therefore require a different trading approach (my
opinion).
All Canadian mutual funds have in their prospectus that they
can charge a 2% short term trading fee for holds less than 90 days. Is this
the same in the states? If so, how do you actively trade around a rule like
that?
David

<BLOCKQUOTE