Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help with breakout exploration.

Forgot the indicator

C > Ref(HHV(C,10),-1) AND
Ref(LLV(O,10),-1) > .95 * Ref(HHV(C,10),-1) AND
Ref(LLV(C,10),-1) > .95 * Ref(HHV(O,10),-1)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> David,
>
> In order to save time I often use a formula as an indicator. The
> signal is +1 when the condition is met. In your case that is
exactly
> what I did. When I placed the indicator on a coca-cola chart I had
> number of great sell opps. Keep in mind that the conditions of your
> test and mine were different as they should be. Some systems work
> better on different types of stocks than others...that's not
> uncommon. The beauty of being able to test ahead of time is knowing
> which system is likely to work the best.
>
> A technical analysis should always be aware of varying market
> conditions.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DAVID  H. LINTON"
> <dhlinton@xxxx> wrote:
> > pumrysh
> > Can you tell me in some detail what you did.
> > This is a MetaStock exploration. As with all explorations, it is
> intended to scan a universe of stocks.
> > If you copied it into a new exploration and ran it on COKE and/or
> KO, you would get a result only if the stock was breaking out. It
can
> not identify selling opportunities.
> > Did you perhaps convert it into an indicator. If so, please post
> the code you used.
> > David

Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/BefplB/TM