Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help with breakout exploration.

David,

In order to save time I often use a formula as an indicator. The
signal is +1 when the condition is met. In your case that is exactly
what I did. When I placed the indicator on a coca-cola chart I had a
number of great sell opps. Keep in mind that the conditions of your
test and mine were different as they should be. Some systems work
better on different types of stocks than others...that's not
uncommon. The beauty of being able to test ahead of time is knowing
which system is likely to work the best.

A technical analysis should always be aware of varying market
conditions.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DAVID  H. LINTON"
<dhlinton@xxxx> wrote:
> pumrysh
> Can you tell me in some detail what you did.
> This is a MetaStock exploration. As with all explorations, it is
intended to scan a universe of stocks.
> If you copied it into a new exploration and ran it on COKE and/or
KO, you would get a result only if the stock was breaking out. It can
not identify selling opportunities.
> Did you perhaps convert it into an indicator. If so, please post
the code you used.
> David
exploration.

>   Tried your scan on coke and found more selling opportunities.

>   --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DAVID  H. LINTON"
>   <dhlinton@xxxx> wrote:
>   > Here is a breakout scan I have been developing recently.
>   >
>   > C > Ref(HHV(C,10),-1) AND
>   > Ref(LLV(O,10),-1) > .95 * Ref(HHV(C,10),-1) AND
>   > Ref(LLV(C,10),-1) > .95 * Ref(HHV(O,10),-1)
>   >
>   > Comments would be appreciated.
>   > Also, if anyone has the congestion and consolidation formulae
>   previously mentioned, please post.
>   > Thanks
>   > David

exploration.
>   >
>   >
>   >   At one time I had two explorations, one for breakouts and one
for
>   >   breakdowns. I think they used a congestion index formula and
>   >   consolidation formula.
>   >
>   >   My hard drive crashed 3 months ago and apparently these
>   explorations
>   >   were not backuped.
>   >
>   >   If someone has these, I would appreciate their sharing them
with
>   me.
>   >
>   >   Thanks,
>   >
>   >   Cordell Thomas
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/BefplB/TM