Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Finding and Using the Maximum Valueof a Variable

I think you can do it by brute force something like:

C1:=max((max(mov(c,10,s),mov(c,11,s)),(max(mov(c,12,s),mov(c,13,s));
C2:=max((max(mov(c,14,s),mov(c,15,s)),(max(mov(c,16,s),mov(c,17,s));
C3:=max((max(mov(c,18,s),mov(c,19,s)),(max(mov(c,20,s),mov(c,21,s));
C4:=max((max(mov(c,22,s),mov(c,23,s)),(max(mov(c,24,s),mov(c,25,s));
C5:=max((max(mov(c,26,s),mov(c,27,s)),(max(mov(c,28,s),mov(c,29,s));
C6:=max(c1,c2);
C7:=max(C3,c4);
C8:=max(C5,mov(c,30,s));
c9:=max(c6,c7);
c10:=max(c8,c9);
cmax:=max(c9,c10);

I didn't test it, but I think you can get the idea.

Ron

pumrysh wrote:

> Barry,
>
> Try using the HHV [highest high value]. Since you are planning on
> using a variable moving average you may experience some difficulty.
> It can be done though. Post your code and I'm sure some of the great
> coders on this site will be able to help you.
>
> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Seeger"
> <barry.seeger@xxxx> wrote:
> > MetaStock Users,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to go about finding the maximum value of a
> > variable when one parameter is allowed to vary, and use the
> resulting
> > value of the variable in an indicator formula?  Let's say I want to
> > discover today's maximum value of the simple moving average of
> closing
> > price, where the averaging period can be anything from the last 10
> to 30
> > periods. That is, I want to find the maximum value of mov(c,10,s),
> > mov(c,11,s) etc right through to mov(c,30,s). Then I'll use the
> > resulting highest moving average value in a formula, and plot the
> > result.
> >
> > Many thanks for your help,
> > Barry
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egroupweb/S=1705375617:HM/A=1377500/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b31540113206004000>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/i5gGAA/BefplB/TM