[EquisMetaStock Group] Symbol Problem

The symbol problem happens with all recent versions of Metastock.

I'm trying to remember how I got rid of it the last time that
happened. I'm running 8.01.

I think you have to delete your smart chart files, load your symbol
with the clean template and add your indicators to it, and then your
expert. I think that will fix it. I can't remember if the template
gets corrupted or the smart charts file has problems. One of them is
out of wack. Windows makes the wrong substitutions for the arrows.
When it starts happening, I think all of the expert systems have the
same problem.

As a matter of course, I delete all of my smart files every couple of
weeks. They seem to get corrupted more often than they should. Once
in a while I get a corrupted template so I open it, fix the problems,
name it something else, and then delete the bad template. Attaching
experts to charts really seems to cause a lot of problems for
metastock as it tries to write information into upper memory.

Hope that works for you. I don't like the Ps either. Rebooting and
reinstalling things is always technical supports most favorite thing
to do. There's a stray temp file that really wrecks metastock charts.
Wait until you hit that little surprise. Lots of crashes and
corrupted data with that one.

JO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/BefplB/TM