[EquisMetaStock Group] From Paulo Coelho to George W. Bush

source: www.opendemocracy.net

You may contribute by translating to your language too...

"Simyaci" Kitabinin yazarindan Bush'a açik mektup, Ingilizce ve
altinda da Türkçe tercümesi. Mükemmel bir mektup !!

>From the world's most popular novelist, Paulo Coelho, an open letter
of praise for President Bush.

Thank you, great leader George W. Bush.

Thank you for showing everyone what a danger Saddam Hussein
represents. Many of us might otherwise have forgotten that he used
chemical weapons against his own people, against the Kurds and
against the Iranians. Hussein is a bloodthirsty dictator and one of
the clearest expressions of evil in today's world.

But this is not my only reason for thanking you. During the first
two months of 2003, you have shown the world a great many other
important things and, therefore, deserve my gratitude.

So, remembering a poem I learned as a child, I want to say thank you.

Thank you for showing everyone that the Turkish people and their
parliament are not for sale, not even for 26 billion dollars.

Thank you for revealing to the world the gulf that exists between
the decisions made by those in power and the wishes of the people.
Thank you for making it clear that neither José María Aznar nor Tony
Blair give the slightest weight to or show the slightest respect for
the votes they received. Aznar is perfectly capable of ignoring the
fact that 90% of Spaniards are against the war, and Blair is unmoved
by the largest public demonstration to take place in England in the
last thirty years.

Thank you for making it necessary for Tony Blair to go to the
British parliament with a fabricated dossier written by a student
ten years ago, and present this as `damning evidence collected by the
British Secret Service'.

Thank you for allowing Colin Powell to make a complete fool of
himself by showing the UN Security Council photos which, one week
later, were publicly challenged by Hans Blix, the chief weapons
inspector in Iraq.

Thank you for adopting your current position and thus ensuring that,
at the plenary session, the French foreign minister, Dominique de
Villepin's anti-war speech was greeted with applause - something, as
far as I know, that has only happened once before in the history of
the UN, following a speech by Nelson Mandela.

Thank you too, because, after all your efforts to promote war, the
normally divided Arab nations were, for the first time, at their
meeting in Cairo during the last week in February, unanimous in
their condemnation of any invasion.

Thank you for your rhetoric stating that `the UN now has a chance to
demonstrate its relevance', a statement which made even the most
reluctant countries take up a position opposing any attack on Iraq.

Thank you for your foreign policy which provoked the British foreign
secretary, Jack Straw, into declaring that in the 21st century, `a
war can have a moral justification', thus causing him to lose all
credibility.

Thank you for trying to divide a Europe that is currently struggling
for unification; this was a warning that will not go unheeded.

Thank you for having achieved something that very few have so far
managed to do in this century: the bringing together of millions of
people on all continents to fight for the same idea, even though that
idea is opposed to yours.

Thank you for making us feel once more that though our words may not
be heard, they are at least spoken - this will make us stronger in
the future.

Thank you for ignoring us, for marginalising all those who oppose
your decision, because the future of the Earth belongs to the
excluded.

Thank you, because, without you, we would not have realised our own
ability to mobilise. It may serve no purpose this time, but it will
doubtless be useful later on.

Now that there seems no way of silencing the drums of war, I would
like to say, as an ancient European king said to an invader: `May
your morning be a beautiful one, may the sun shine on your soldiers'
armour, for in the afternoon, I will defeat you.'

Thank you for allowing us - an army of anonymous people filling the
streets in an attempt to stop a process that is already underway -
to know what it feels like to be powerless and to learn to grapple
with that feeling and transform it.

So, enjoy your morning and whatever glory it may yet bring you.

Thank you for not listening to us and not taking us seriously, but
know that we are listening to you and that we will not forget your
words.

Thank you, great leader George W. Bush.

Thank you very much.

Paulo Coelho ( 11 - 3 - 2003 )

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coelho'dan Bush'a açik mektup

Türkiye'de 'Simyaci' isimli kitabiyla taninan Paulo Coelho, ABD
Baskani George W. Bush'a açik mektup yazdi. Mektup,
www.opendemocracy.net'de yayinlandi.

11.03.2003

Çok tesekkürler büyük lider George W. Bush.

Saddam Hüseyin'in ne büyük tehlike oldugunu herkese gösterdiginiz
için çok tesekkürler.

Yoksa çogumuz onun kendi halkina karsi, Kürtlere ve Iranlilara karsi
kimyasal silah kullandigini unuturduk. Hüseyin kana susamis bir
diktatör ve günümüz dünyasinda serin en açik emsali. Ama size
mütesekkir olmamin tek sebebi bu degil. 2003'ün ilk iki ayinda,
dünyaya daha pek çok önemli seyi de gösterdiniz ve minnetarim size.
Bu nedenle, çocukken ögrendigim bir siirin hatirina, size tesekkür
etmek istiyorum.

Türk halkinin ve parlamentosunun 26 milyar dolar için bile satilik
olmadigini herkese gösterdiginiz için tesekkür ederim.

Iktidardakilerin aldigi kararlarla halklarin istekleri arasindaki
uçurumu dünyanin gözleri önüne serdiginiz için tesekkür ederim. Jose
Maria Aznar'in ve Tony Blair'in aldiklari ylara en ufak saygilari
lmadigini, bu oylarin onlar üzerinde azicik olsun girlik
yaratmadigini açiga çikardiginiz için tesekkür ederim. Aznar,
Isponyallarin yüzde 90'inin savasa karsi oldugunu
mükemmel bir sekilde görmezden gelebiliyor ve Blair'in de
Ingiltere'de son 30 yilin en büyük gösterisi gerçeklestikten sonra
kili bile kipirdamiyor.

Tesekkür ederim; Tony Blair'i Ingiltere parlamentosuna 10 yil önce
bir ögrenci tarafindan yazilmis düzmece bir dosyayla gitmeye
ve "Ingiliz Gizli Servisi'nin derledigi yakici kanitlari" sunmaya
mecbur biraktiginiz için.

Tesekkür ederim, Colin Powell'in bir hafta sonra Irak'taki silah
denetçilerinin baskani Hans Blix'in kamuouyu önünde gerçekligini
sorgulayacagi fotograflari Birlesmis Milletler Güvenlik Konseyi'ne
gösterip kendini aptal duruma düsürmesine izin verdigin
için.Halihazirdaki pozisyonu benimseyip, böylelikle Güvenlik Konseyi
oturumunda Fransa Disisleri Bakani Dominique de Villepin'in savas
karsiti konusmasinin alkislarla karsilanmasini garanti ettiginiz için
de tesekkür ederim.

Bildigim kadariyla böyle bir olay Birlesmis Milletler tarihinde
sadece bir kez, Nelson Mandela'nin konusmasindan sonra yasanmisti.

Tesekkür ederim, çünkü savastan yana gösterdiginiz onca çabadan
sonra, normalde bölünmüs olan Arap uluslari, ilk kez Subat sonunda
Kahire'deki toplantida her tür istilayi oybirligiyle
kinadilar."Birlesmis Milletler simdi etkin bir kurum oldugunu
gösterme sansina sahip"sözlerine yer verdiginiz konusmaniz için de
tesekkür ederim. Bu açiklamaniz,en isteksiz ülkelerin bile Irak'a
her tür saldiriya muhalif bir pozisyon almalarini sagladi.

Ingiltere Disisleri Bakani Jack Straw'in 21. yüzyilda "bir savasin
ahlaki mesruiyeti olabilir" demesini ve tüm itibarini kaybetmesini
saglayan dis politikaniza da mütesekkirim.

Birlesme mücadelesi veren Avrupa'yi bölmeye çalistiginiz için
tesekkür ederim. Bu uyariniz dikkatlerden kaçmayacak.

Bu yüzyilda su ana kadar pek az kisinin basarabildigi bir seyi
yaptiginiz için tesekkür ederim: tüm kitalardan milyonlarca insani -
sizinkine karsi da olsa- ayni fikir için mücadele etmek üzere
biraraya getirdiniz.

Bize sözlerimizin duyulmasa bile en azindan ifade edilebilecegini
bir kez daha hissettirdiginiz için-ki böylece gelecekte daha güçlü
olacagiz-tesekkür ederim.

Bizi görmezden geldiginiz, karariniza karsi çikan herkesi
marjinallestirdiginiz için tesekkür ederim, çünkü yerkürenin gelecegi
dislananlara ait.

Tesekkür ederim, çünkü siz olmasaydiniz, harekete geçme yetimizin
farkina varamayacaktik.

Bu kez bizi hedefe ulastirmasa bile, daha sonra isimize yarayacagina
kusku yok.

Savas davullarini susturmanin yolu yokmus gibi göründügüne göre,
eski bir Avrupali kralin bir istilaciya söyledigi gibi, ben de size
sunu söylemek istiyorum: "Sabahiniz güzel olsun, günesin isiklari
askerlerinizin zirhlarinin üstüne olsun, çünkü günbatiminda sizi
yenecegim!" Bizlerin, yani çoktan baslamis bir süreci durdurmak için
sokaklari dolduranisimsiz insanlar ordusunun, güçsüz olmanin nasil
bir sey oldugunu hissetmemize ve bu duyguyu alt etmeyi ögrenip onu
dönüstürmemize izin verdiginiz için tesekkür ederim.

Bunun için sabahin ve nasil bir zafer getirecekse artik onun keyfini
çikarin.

Bizi dinlemediginiz için ve bizi ciddiye almadiginiz için de
tesekkür ederim, ama bilin ki biz sizi dinliyouz ve söylediklerinizi
unutmayacagiz.

Tesekkürler büyük lider George W. Bush.

Çok tesekkür ederim.

Paulo Coelho

Çeviren (Translator to Turkish): Isin Eliçin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/BefplB/TM