RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] MS 8 - backtesting,equity curve and/or trade listing

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Chuck,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Nobody
seems to have answered your question and I suspect because although Metastock 8
is a great program I have never worked out how to get a consolidated report and
or equity curve when backtesting a universe of stocks to check out the
robustness of the system. I just don't think the program can do this although I
use the EOD version not the Pro.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
To do
what you want, I use AIQ which gives a consolidated statistical report and
equity curve chart. Horses for courses.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chuck Rademacher
  [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, 11 March 2003
  7:00 a.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] MS 8 - backtesting, equity curve and/or trade
  listing
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Isn't MS 8 marvellous?
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  have what appears to be a great system, backtested across all 7,500 stocks,
  2000 days of data, producing excelling returns.   The only problem
  is that I can't tell if the system made all of its money in the first 1000
  days or the last 10 days.   Of course, I can see an equity curve for
  each stock.   But I want to trade the system, not look
  at equity curves for the next two months.  I could also run the
  backtest over dozens of different timeframes, but why?
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  I've
  raised this issue before with no reply, so I thought that I would try
  again.   IS THERE ANY WAY TO SEE A COMPOSITE EQUITY CURVE FOR ONE
  SET OF PARAMETERS ACROSS ALL 7,500 STOCKS?
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Alternatively, is there a way to generate a file containing each
  trade?   If so, I could take the trades into TradeSim, or something
  similar, to see my longterm equity as well as get dozens of more sophisticated
  reports.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  look forward to hearing from someone on this issue.To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor