Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Exploration

Here we are!!!

Great Craig :-))

There is a little difference regards the two formulas the reason of which
is on the fact that first formula incluedes high and low instead of the
close as in the second formula.
So, I write both the codes

FORMULA 1

Col A: BuyCross(L,SAR(0.02,0.2))
Col B: SellCross(SAR(0.02,0.2),H)
Filter:
Ref(C,-50)>0 AND(Cross(L,SAR(0.02,0.2))
ORCross(SAR(0.02,0.2),H))

FORMULA 2
Col A: Buy
Cross(C,Mov(SAR(0.02,0.2),1,S))
Col B: Sell
Cross(Mov(SAR(0.02,0.2),1,S),C)
Filter:
Ref(C,-50)>0 AND(Cross(C,Mov(SAR(0.02,0.2),1,S))
ORCross(Mov(SAR(0.02,0.2),1,S),C))

Here are the results for the Italian market (formula 1 on the left, Formula 2
on the right)

      Security Name

      BUY

      SELL

      Security Name

      Buy

      Sell

      ALGOL

      1

      0

      ALGOL

      1

      0

      AUTOS MERIDIONAL

      1

      0

      AUTOS MERIDIONAL

      1

      0

      B INTESA RNC

      1

      0

      B INTESA RNC

      1

      0

      B LOMBARDA

      1

      0

      B LOMBARDA

      1

      0

      BENETTON

      1

      0

      BENETTON

      1

      0

      Cardnet Group

      1

      0

      Cardnet Group

      1

      0

      CARRARO

      1

      0

      CARRARO

      1

      0

      CATTOLICA ASS

      1

      0

      CATTOLICA ASS

      1

      0

      CENT LATTE TO

      1

      0

      CENT LATTE TO

      1

      0

      CIR

      1

      0

      CIR

      1

      0

      GENERALI

      1

      0

      GENERALI

      1

      0

      LA DORIA

      1

      0

      LA DORIA

      1

      0

      ROLO BANCA

      1

      0

      ROLO BANCA

      1

      0

      SANPAOLO-IMI

      1

      0

      SANPAOLO-IMI

      1

      0

      TECNODIFFUSIONE

      1

      0

      TECNODIFFUSIONE

      1

      0

      UNICREDITO IT RN

      1

      0

      UNICREDITO IT RN

      1

      0

      VIAGGI DEL VENTAGLIO

      1

      0

      VIAGGI DEL VENTAGLIO

      1

      0

      VIANINI IND

      1

      0

      VIANINI IND

      1

      0

      VITAMINIC

      1

      0

      VITAMINIC

      1

      0

      Warrant B P COM IND 99-04

      1

      0

      Warrant B P COM IND 99-04

      1

      0

      AEDES

      0

      1

      AEDES

      0

      1

      B DESIO E BRIANZ

      0

      1

      B DESIO E BRIANZ

      0

      1

      ENI

      0

      1

      ENI

      0

      1

      GRANDI NAVI VELO

      0

      1

      FIAT RNC

      0

      1

      MONTEFIBRE

      0

      1

      GRANDI NAVI VELO

      0

      1

      RINASCENTE RNC

      0

      1

      MONTEFIBRE

      0

      1

      RINASCENTE RNC

      0

      1

      SNIA RNC

      0

      <FONT
color=#ff0000>1

And this is the chart of Snia Rnc which is very clear about the reason
of the difference.

Bye, Robin

<BLOCKQUOTE