[EquisMetaStock Group] Can't set X-Axis properties date scale

I'm trying to set up Metastock with a real time data service that
back fills data.  When I try to set up a new chart with a certain
symbol, and I go into X-Axis properties to set a beginning and ending
date for the data, no matter what earlier date I pick for the
beginning date it won't stick and after I click Apply and then OK it
always resets itself to the current date.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,  jb