[Metastockusers] Re: clarification

> MS is full of malarky I'm sure that
> there are other sites that have the missing year of data.
>
> <A
HREF="http://fisher.osu.edu/fin/resources_data/data/daily.asc";>http://
fisher.osu.edu/fin/resources_data/data/daily.asc</A>

> Jay

Hi Jay

Thanks for both of your responses - I appreciate the information and
your perspective on this - thanks especially for taking the time to
seek out and post this link.  Yes, I am finding that MS is a
different company now and others here have suggested that the
purchase by Reuters marked the turning point. I am really close to
eating the $200-300 it will cost me to cancel my subscription. In the
next few days I will assess my options; I need to figure out if there
is another piece of software that I can buy which will give me the
features I have in MS. The big selling point for MS was that I can
get the entire universe of data I need, which is basically all
stocks, futures and indices, for a "reasonable" price. To tell the
truth, I checked only a few others before deciding to re-sign with
MS - I checked Esignal, but they don't offer unlimited downloads for
anywhere near the price of Reuters. However, if there are problems
with the data in the first place, what am I paying for? The double
talk at support is really the most galling thing.  I have heard good
things about Wealth Lab Developer, but I have to learn Pascal, I
believe. Perhaps it's not that tough for a mathematically minded
person.

At any rate, thanks for your input.