Re: [Metastockusers] Re: clarification

You're welcome.

I looked very carefully at Reuters data a couple of months ago.  If you pay on an annual basis thereby getting 2 months of data free, you don't lose the full payment if you cancel.  If you cancel, they will charge you for the month's that you used at the full rate (about $25 a month), and subtract that from your annual payment and refund you the difference.

If you go to www.csidata.com you will find a piece of software called Unfair Advantage.  Commodity Systems Inc. has been in the business of supplying commodity data for at least 25 years.  They are a little more expensive than Reuters, but have cleaner data, and your initial "license" fee includes 10 years of history.  You have to pay extra for data further back.  Unfair Advantage is a piece of software that downloads your data and maintains it in "portfolios" (folders).  You can specify your "portfolios" to be created in several different data formats including MetaStock.  I am having a minor problem right now with 2 or 3 of their cash data interfaces with MS, but think it is in the process of resolution.  All of their data is ready for download by 7:30 PM Eastern.  They generally make it on time.  They used to charge extra if you did more than 26 downloads a month, but have elminated that restriction.

I'm not connected with CSI, but have been using their data off an on for several years and have been very satisfied with the service.  Just in the past 3 or 4 years they have added most global futures exchanges, and most all stock exchange data worldwide.  Their basic commodities package is No. American futures exchanges.  Everything else is an add-on.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor