Re: [Metastockusers] Re: clarification

<< The problem with DOW 30 data is occurs before Nov. 1991. MS gave me
two different stories about this - one guy said it had something to
do with the fact that 1991 is when Reuters started offering data,
another said it is because opening prices are NOT AVAILABLE for DOW
stocks before 1991.>>

MS is full of malarky.  Once again it shows their lack of interest in supplying decent data.  If you go to the following site, you will find DOW data from 1915 through 2/20/1990.  All open, hi, lo and close are the same until late 1938, then it begins to give all of them.  I downloaded this to Excel and saved it in Excel format, then imported it into MS.  I'm sure that there are other sites that have the missing year of data.

http://fisher.osu.edu/fin/resources_data/data/daily.asc

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor