[EquisMetaStock Group] Converting to fewer file folders/directories

I recently purchased Metastock 8. It has the ability to create file folders which hold up to 2000 (or 6000, the information conflicts) stocks each. The older system would only hold 255 stocks/folder.

I have many years of Metastock data in the 255/folder format, and I would like to copy (or move) that data into a new directory system, with many fewer folders. I looked in the Downloader manual, and it appeared that I could do this either using the Convert Security or Copy Security Feature. However, it seemed that I could only do this one folder (old type) at a time. That takes a lot of time and work.

With the huge number of Metastock users, I would assume that there is a program somewhere that would automate this process. I looked at FAQ on the Equis website, but could not find anything.

Does someone have the answer, or a suggestion? Also, is there any reason I would NOT want to have just a few folders? The large number I have now is a real pain when doing a test on a lot of stocks, etc.

Thanks,

Harry